Objectives and results
- To increase awareness among senior corporate executives about the potential impact on their business because of global and regional environmental challenges on the use of peatlands and peat for commercial purposes.
- To increase awareness among senior corporate executives about the potential impact of global and regional social challenges (e.g. food security, climate change) on the use of peatlands for commercial purposes.
- To inform representatives of international conventions, agreements and programmes about the commercial, cultural and social importance of peatlands and peat.
- To improve awareness among senior corporate executives about the potential economic opportunities (e.g. carbon accounting/trading and mitigation) that could impact corporate planning and management of peatland resources.
- To make clear to peat companies how to understand, influence and challenge these global changes.
- To provide a network for senior corporate executives, senior global policy makers and decision takers at an international convention and agreement level.
- To clarify the value and role of the International Peatland Society in influencing responsible peatland management policies at an international level.
- To clarify the importance of corporate commitments for research and policy development for peatlands and peat.
- To provide the International Conventions, Agreements and Programmes with additional information about the expected global demand for responsible management of peatlands and manufacture of peat-containing products between now and 2050.
- Peat and peatland companies will be better informed about the challenges and risks of their future, based on sustainable development.
- The International Conventions, Agreements and Programmes will be better informed about peatlands that are being used globally by peat industries and about changes in the requirements between now and 2050.
- A summary of the sessions by the principle moderator, outlining the concerns and issues heard from the presentations.
- The IPS will take the concerns and problems that are discussed during the Summit into account in its strategy.
- The IPS will be committed to work closely with the global peat industries, including in the tropics, to promote responsible peatland management and promote this concept regional and international.
IPS 50 SummitRegistration website for IPS 50 Summit
IPS 50 SummitIPS 50 Summit0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00ZTo be announcedTo be announced