Oncologic Imaging Course 2020
Understanding the value of oncologic imaging
June 24-27, 2020
Frana Supila 12
R. Beets-Tan, Amsterdam/NL
Ch. Herold, Vienna/AT
H. Hricak, New York/US
A. Laghi, Rome/IT
M. F. Reiser, Munich/DE
H.P. Schlemmer, Heidelberg/DE
M. D’Anastasi, Msida/MT
M. Mayerhoefer, Vienna/AT
H.P. Schlemmer, Heidelberg/DE
The Oncologic Imaging Course (OIC), established in 2011, is an annual oncologic imaging course jointly organised by the European Society of Oncologic Imaging, the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Department of Radiology at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and the Department of Biomedical Imaging and ImageGuided Therapy at the Medical University of Vienna.
OIC welcomes the most qualified faculty who comprise of internationally renowned speakers.These experts share their expertise with the participants who are also invited to actively contribute to the sessions with their experience and advice.
Those involved in the field of oncologic imaging are experiencing a time of increasing pressure, stress and change. The demand for efficiency and effectiveness in all oncologic imaging matters is constantly growing. OIC addresses current challenges and provides a forum for education and the exchange of ideas and concepts. The course furthermore deals with supportive methods and techniques so the delegates will leave with new ideas for their day-to-day practice. OIC involves lectures, workshops, interactive case discussions and panel discussions.
- Provide up-to-date reviews on the use of imaging to detect, characterise and stage common tumours.
- Illustrate the various newer systems for imaging response assessment in use today.
- Emphasise the basic principles of interpreting and reporting oncologic imaging examinations.
- Provide an extended, in-depth review of best practices in breast imaging.
- Present hot topics and emerging applications.
- Utilise interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
- Employ workshops to allow additional interaction with the faculty.
The course will improve radiologists’ confidence in interpreting oncologic images through interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
These updates are expected to
- increase the learner's specific knowledge of standard and newer issues in oncologic imaging
- result in greater confidence of the learner when applying that knowledge
- improve the learner’s skills and help when interpreting radiology studies and clinical situations.
The target audience includes diagnostic radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, medical oncologists, oncologic surgeons and radiation oncologists - all of whom heavily rely upon diagnostic imaging in their management of cancer patients. Attendees ranging from residents to more senior ones will benefit from learning and/or refreshing their knowledge base in oncologic imaging - of interest and importance to doctors of all levels.
An application for European CME credits (ECMEC®) will be submitted to the EACCME®.
Please click here to view the most updated programme.
Please click here to complete your registration.
Oncologic Imaging Course 2020Registration website for Oncologic Imaging Course 2020
Oncologic Imaging Course 2020Oncologic Imaging Course 20200.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Hotel ExcelsiorHotel ExcelsiorUl. Frana Supila 12 20000 Dubrovnik Croatia