At the moment we are working on finalising the details of the programme for a successful visit.
Sunday 11 March
- 12:10h KLM flight KL 929 from Schiphol to Inverness. Arrival at Inverness: 12:50h local time.
- 14.00h Arrival at Kingsmill hotel with small bite and coffee/tea
- 14.30h Visit to Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle
- 17.15h Check into Kingsmill hotel
- 18.15h Pick up by coach to travel to Glenmoriston hotel for Dinner
Monday 12 March
- 8.00h Walk from Kingsmill Hotel to Centre for Health Science - 15 minute walk
- 8.30h Introduction and welcom by Elaine Mead, CEO of NHS Highland
- 8.45h Introduction to General Healthcare system in Scotland and more specifically in Highland - by Andrew Fowlie (Scottish Government), Hugo van Woerden (Director of Public Health) and Miriam Fisher (DHI digital health and care institute)
- 9.30h Coffee break
- 9.45h-11.00h - Short walk to University Campus to meet with UHI, HIE and SDI (how they can help SMEs and foster collaborations) - An Lochran (UHI, HIE), Andrea McCall (HIE), Jeff Howarth (UHI), Brian Hills ( Data lab on Innovation Centres) & Steven Milne (Censis)
- 11.00h-14.00h - Visits to Companies/Organisations (B2B) - Depending on which companies/organisations the SMEs wish to visit will determine how many visits they can make. Eg if the companies are within the hopital and campus area they can have 3 visits, if they are in wider Inverness, 2 visits. Outwith Inverness, 1 visit (packed lunches will be provided for all delegates)
- 14.00h - 14.15 Coffee break
- 14.15h – 16.15h: Brokerage event - organised in cooperation with European Enterprise Network - b2match app is provided. Opportunity to set up meetings with other SMEs, with larger companies, with companies who will travel from elsewhere in Scotland), to meet and discuss products, needs and possibilities with clinical and other healthcare professionals from secondary and primary care and care providers in the Highlands / Scotland.
- 16.15h - 17.15h - Procurement Hour - Panel format with 3 panelists (NSS, NHSH and Can Do Innovation Fund (SBRI)) who will each give short presentation on procurement at national and local level and procurement support for SMEs in Scotland. Then the panel will answer previously prepared questions from the delegates.
- 17.15 - 17.30h - Close and follow-up
- 17.30 - 17.45h - Walk to Kingsmill hotel
- 18.25h A five minute walk to Craigmonie hotel
- 18.30h Scottish dinner, Whisky tasting and Scottish entertainment at Craigmonie hotel
Tuesday 13 March
- 5.10h Early check-out from Kingsmill hotel - a packed breakfast will be provided by the hotel
- 6.45 - 8.00 Flight Inverness-Manchester, pick-up by private bus at Manchester airport
Organized in cooperation with:
- 9.00 -10.45 Visit to the Manchester Corridor, Manchester Academic Health Science Center
Trustech is the Northwest England Innovation Agency of NHS. Their role is to bridge the gap between NHS Providers / Commissioners and the commercial, academic and international healthcare sectors.
- 10.45 – 11.15 Travel by bus
- 11.15 – 13.30 Visit to Digital Incubator & Spaces The Landing, MediaCityUK Salford
- Presentation by Rachel Dunscombe, Chief Innovation Officer and Digital Director of the Global Digital Exemplar for Acute Health and Hospital Salford Royal Foundation Trust, see Salford Royal
- Pitches Dutch and UK SMEs & informal partnering to arrange followups incl lunchbuffet
A Global Digital Exemplar is an internationally recognised NHS England provider delivering exceptional care, efficiently, through the use of world-class digital technology and information. Exemplars will share their learning and experiences to enable other trusts to follow in their footsteps as quickly and effectively as possible. NHS chose 2 fields of healthcare: Mental Health and Acute Health. There are 16 Exemplar in England
Organized in cooperation with eHealthcluster Liverpool: eHealthcluster Liverpool
- 13.30 – 14.30 Travel by bus to Knowledge Quarter Liverpool Accelerator
- 14.30 – 17.30 Liverpool Digital Health event organized by eHealthcluster Liverpool:
- Presentation Mr Matthew Gardner, Global Digital Exemplar of Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals
- Pitch & Partnering (Dutch and UK SMEs/Healthcare providers). Local Clinical, Care, Welfare, Procurement partners and SMEs. Including drinks.
- 17.30 – 18.00 Travel by bus to hotel and check-in
- 19.00 Delegation dinner with local partners eHealthcluster invited, Wildwood restaurant
Pitch & partnering: Flexible set-up involving all stakeholders in the health continuum. Based on pre-arranged brochure of participants on both sides. Pitch (or short presentation) as starting point to fresh up the memory. Than 1 hour of partnering tables, partly pre-arranged and partly based on pitches and specific interest.
Organizing partners in UK: eHealthcluster Liverpool, Manchester Growth Company, NBSO Manchester, Trustech
Wednesday 14 March
- 7.00 – 9.00/9.15 Virgin train from Liverpool or Manchester to London Euston
- 9.15 – 10.00 Travel by Underground to London Excel
- 10.00 - 17.00 Visit Digital Health Technology show: http://www.digitalhealthtechshow.com/home
-Visit several conference sessions or apply for your own session through the organizers (well in advance please)
-Pre-arranged meetings with other visitors through the event app. Our delegation brochure will be exposed on the website.
- Register and Launch your technology in the Start-up Innovation Zone: http://www.digitalhealthtechshow.com/start-up-innovation-zone
-Hop in at the tradeshow of the Wearables Technology or IOT Connect show also co located in Excel Center:
- 14.00 – 16.30 Dutch Digital Health Technology & Investors forum on main stage: Dragon’s Den format, open for Dutch and international companies. Session lead by Maarten den Braber / Nexthealth and former program director Rockstart Digital Health and cofounder Singularity University NL. Integral part of the Digital Health Technology Show. (mainstage/disruptive programme).
- 17.15 – 18.00 Walk to London City Airport over the special corridor (20 minutes)
- 18.00 – 19.30 Check-in and Goodbye Dinner at London City Airport
Pilot’s Bar & Kitchen London City Airport or other
- 20.00 – 22.15 Flight London City Airport – Amsterdam (KLM direct)
Thursday 15 March
Back in time to visit the Health Valley Event in Nijmegen
Digital Health delegation to Scotland and EnglandRegistration website for Digital Health delegation to Scotland and England
Digital Health delegation to Scotland and Englandinfo@aanmelder.nl
Digital Health delegation to Scotland and Englandinfo@aanmelder.nl
Digital Health delegation to Scotland and EnglandDigital Health delegation to Scotland and England0.00EUR
Digital Health delegation to Scotland and EnglandDigital Health delegation to Scotland and EnglandPhoenixstraat 28b, Delft