Tablet technology has revolutionized the in-store shopping experience. Many retailers are adopting this in-store technology, and realizing how greatly they can enhance brand experiences with this development. Tablets (and their applications) possess such potential for changing the way people shop and spend, that eventually all your local stores will be believers. Here is a list of the top 5 ways retail stores are creatively using tablets.
- Digital Signage –Grocery shops and clothing stores have paved the way for retail business using tablets for digital signage, and now smaller scale shops are joining the party as well. They can be used for store maps and interactive product locators, to display store promotions and offers (which change so often they are hard for customers to remember), and can even advertise partner videos and sales for cross promotions. Stores can use these interactive signs to collect information on a customer, and then offer sales on specific items the customer has shown interest in previously.
- In Store Catalog – Tablet kiosks give the ability to buy products online that are not available in the store, so customers can shop from the entire stock and not be limited by location. This will increase customer sales and deter customer walkouts. It is also a great tool to easily compare products (in and out of stock), to showcase different ways their products can be used/worn, and it can assist buyers decision by giving specific details into the product/s that are there.
- Customer feedback – Knowing what customers think of the experience provided in your store is vital, and in store tablets are the best way to acquire this information because it is immediate. These devices have opened up opportunities to get feedback from customers in a more cost-effective way, so long as they are placed advantageously. Some stores might prefer to have employees carry tablets around the store to request customer comments, but that can be seen as invasive and very annoying. It is hassle free and more engaging for the user as an interactive application on their own, and it makes feedback more genuine and thorough.
- Interactive Mirrors – Customers can instantly transform their wardrobe by “seeing” themselves and various styles in a real mirror, powered by a virtual system on the tablet. It allows people to assess what they like and what they don’t, instantly and digitally. They can also use the tablet to capture and share pictures of themselves via social networks to assess reactions of potential new purchases. The interactive mirror also greatly reduces the need for fitting rooms, which eliminates the lines and much of hassle associated with trying on clothing. the future of shopping is officially here!
- Point of Sale – Tablets being used for point of sale systems has been a thing for quite some time, and now almost every retail business has joined the party. Customers can not only pay for their purchase, but they can now use rewards programs so it pays to shop. Tablet POS Applications are preferred by employees as well, because they can use one device to process payments, create customer profiles, process gift cards, lookup inventory that is related to the product being purchased for target recommendations, and email or wirelessly print receipts.
KIOSK-ingRegistratiewebsite voor KIOSK-ing
Miele Inspirience CentreMiele Inspirience CentreDe Limiet 2