Mission-Driven Top Sectors and Innovation Policy
Societal challenge Health & Care
Last year the Dutch Cabinet established the mission-driven top sectors and innovation policy and formulated 25 missions to tackle societal challenges. These missions focus on ensuring a greater and healthy life expectancy, sufficient clean water and safe food, lower greenhouse gas emissions, affordable sustainable energy and a safe Netherlands to live and work in. Ambitious goals that challenge entrepreneurs and scientist to develop pioneering solutions and contribute to the competitiveness of the Netherlands.
Five of these mission focuses on the societal challenge Health & Care:
- By 2040, all Dutch citizens will live at least five years longer in good health, while the health inequalities between the lowest and highest socio-economic groups will have decreased by 30%.
- By 2040, the burden of disease resulting from an unhealthy lifestyle and living environment will have decreased by 30%.
- By 2030, the extent of care provided to people within their own living environment (rather than in health-care institutions) will be 50% more than today or such care will be provided 50% more frequently than in the past.
- By 2030, the proportion with people with a chronic disease or lifelong disability who can play an active role in society according to their wishes and capabilities will have increased by 25%.
- By 2030, quality of life for people with dementia will have improved by 25%.
Venture CaféRegistration website for Venture Café
Venture CaféVenture Café0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
CIC RotterdamCIC RotterdamStationsplein 45, 4th floor 3013 AK Rotterdam Netherlands