26 May 2015
Registration and coffee
First informal meeting with selected MedTech entrepreneurs
by host Erik Peekel
THE CHALLENGE: NEED FOR INNOVATION
Society expects a higher quality of life and therefore a higher quality of medical care. But the price we need to pay for this is under pressure. How can we ever keep healthcare affordable? The answer lies in innovations from MedTech Startups. How do we collaborate with startups?
• Olaf Weiner (Serial Entrepreneur)
• Marco Götte (Beeldvormend Cardioloog HagaZiekenhuis)
• PowerPitches: Adjuvo, CleVR, Exo-L
THE SOLUTION: HEALTHCARE OF THE FUTURE
MedTech startups are the solution to make healthcare cheaper and better. Innovation doesn’t appear that easy in large companies, but mostly through smaller startups. Two YES!Delft companies will show their technological development. What is the healthcare of the future?
• Eliane Khoury (Founder and Managing Director of VFA)
• Bo Wiesman (CEO NewCompliance)
• PowerPitches: WOLK Company, Innofuse, Zivver
THE HURDLE: SURVIVAL OF A MEDTECH STARTUP
It’s not easy to survive as a MedTech startup. Its hard to achieve your proof of concept (validation and certification) and financing. Large companies invest less in R&D and focus more on taking over proven innovations. Investment funds avoid risk of the early phase, so promising innovations can’t bridge this gap. The startups share their struggles and solutions.
• Eline Vrijland- van Beest (Founder and CEO Nightbalance)
• Boudewijn Wisse (Innovator Laevo)
• PowerPitches: Qudo, MedsFindr
Meet the YES!Delft MedTech companies