NBIC Young Investigator Award
During the NBIC 2013 on April 16, NBIC will present the NBIC Young Investigator Award 2013. The winner will be awarded with a cash prize of 2.500 Euro funded by NBIC BioRange and BioWise programmes. The award ceremony is planned on Day 1 of the conference (April 16th, 2013) and will include a honorary lecture by the recipient of the award.
The candidate must have conducted his/her research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university between January 1, 2012 and February 28, 2013 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics or the bioinformatics community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
You can submit your abstract via the YIA submission form.
Submission deadline: April 1, 2013
Each year the chair will leave the Award Committee after the NBIC conference and invite a new member to the committee. For 2013 the members of the committee are:
Prof. dr. Lodewyk Wessels, Netherlands Cancer Institute (Chair)
Prof. dr. Frank Holstege, UMC Utrecht
Prof. dr. Antoine van Kampen, AMC Amsterdam/University of Amsterdam
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2013Registration website for Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2013
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2013Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 20130.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands