NBIC Young Investigator Award
During the NBIC2014 on April 8, we will present the Young Investigator Award 2014. The award ceremony is planned on Day 1 of the conference (April 8th, 2014). The winner will receive a prize of 250 Euros sponsored by the BioSB research school and will present an honorary lecture.
NBIC Young Investigator Award 2014
Marnix Medema is the winner of the NBIC Young Investigator Award 2014. The award ceremony is planned on April 8th from 17:30 - 18:00. The ceremony will be followed by an honorary lecture of 20 minutes.
The candidate must have conducted his/her research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university between January 1, 2013 and February 28, 2014 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics or the bioinformatics community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
You can submit your abstract via the YIA submission form.
Submission deadline: March 21, 2014
Each year the chair will leave the Award Committee after the conference and invite a new member to the committee. For 2014 the members of the committee are:
Prof. dr. Frank Holstege, UMC Utrecht
Dr. ir. Perry Moerland, AMC Amsterdam/University of Amsterdam
Dr. Judith Boer, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014Registration website for Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 20140.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands