Allbio Metagenomics meeting
The Netherlands Metagenomics Platform cordially invites you to join the Allbio Metagenomics meeting at the NBIC 2014 on April 9, 2014.
Programme April 9
9:35 - 10:20:
Invited keynote speaker: Marcus Claesson, University College, Cork, Ireland
Session N: 11:00 - 12:00
- Aldert Zomer, Radboudumc The adult nasopharyngeal microbiome as a determinant of pneumococcal carriage
- Marc Jan Bonder, UMC Groningen The influence of a short-term gluten free diet on the human microbiome
- Mark Davids, Wageningen University De novo assembly of metatranscriptome data provides insight in microbial community activity
Session V: 15:00 - 16:00
- Invited speaker: Jing Wang, Institute of Environmental Science & Research Ltd (ESR), New Zealand
- Anita Schürch, ErasmusMC Assembly and computational gap closure strategies for the discovery of viruses in metagenomes
- Lusine Khachatryan Alignment-free method for the analysis of various metagenomic data
Abstracts are solicited in any field related to metagenomics or computational analysis of microbial ecosystems. See the list of example topics below.
- All areas of environmental sequencing (e.g. amplicon sequencing, shotgun metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, metaproteomics)
- Prokaryotic, eukaryotic or viral systems
- Sequencing strategies and technologies
- Quality control, data pre-treatment
- Read mapping, taxonomic and functional annotation
- Comparative metagenomics
- Metagenome assembly
- Discovery of novel species, enzymes
- Monitoring, public health surveillance
- The tree of life, the rare biosphere
- Microbial networks and ecosystem modeling
- Host-microbe interactions (e.g. human, plants, corals)
- Role of microbes in bioremediation, biogeochemical cycles
To submit an abstract, please visit the NBIC2014 abstract submission system. Please indicate that you are submitting your abstract for the 'Metagenomics Topical track'. More information about the abstract submission procedure can be found on the abstract submission page.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission or the programme of the Metagenomics track, please contact: Sacha van Hijum, CMBI, Radboudumc/NIZO food research or Bas Dutilh, CMBI, Radboudumc.
You can register for the topical track via the NBIC2014 registration form.
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014Registration website for Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014
Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 2014Netherlands Bioinformatics Conference 20140.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands