Welcome on the registration website of the OpenFoam course organized by the Delft Centre for Computational Science and Engineering.
Introduction to using OpenFOAM for CFD analysis
Date: June 23, 2016
Location: EWI, Lipkens Room LB.01.150 & EWI, practicum room HB.05.150
On June 23, 2016 an introductory course in the use of OpenFOAM for computational fluid dynamics analysis will be given at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science of Delft University of Technology, in Delft.
The course is organized in the framework of the Dutch OpenFOAM user group (DOUG), by members of the Numerical Analysis group of the Delft Institute of Applied Mathematics (DIAM) and the Aerodynamics group of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of Delft University of Technology. This is the third time this course is taught and the organizers have used all the feedback from the first two editions to further improve the course material. There are now five tutorials available, and the participants can choose three that best suit their interest.
You will learn all the steps involved in computational fluid dynamics analysis using Open Source algorithms: geometry modeling, mesh generation, the actual computation and visualization for some basic applications. Additionally, you will be taught how to define a simple model in OpenFOAM. The course will almost entirely consist of hands-on Lab sessions, with only a brief introduction to the theoretical background of OpenFOAM. The complete program and learning objectives of the course are listed below.
The maximum number of participants is 18. Please register early as we expect that more than 18 people will be interested in participating. For members of DCSE this course is free, TU Delft students pay € 50,- for the lunch and course material. For other participants the costs are € 200,- (including lunch and course material). For those who have registered for the first edition of the course but were put on the reserve list, there will be no registration fee.
If you have paid the registration fee and would like to deregister, we will charge you €5.
- Basics of OF discretisation and solution procedure
- Geometry modeling with SALOME
- Mesh generation with SALOME and conversion of
meshes to the OpenFOAM format
- Mesh generation with SnappyHexMesh
- OF application for incompressible flow
- OF application for multiphase flow
- Building your own multi-physics model
- Visualize computed results using ParaView
After completion of the course you will know how to:
- Generate basic to moderate geometric models in SALOME
- Generate an unstructured grid for viscous flow computations using the SALOME grid generator and the
OpenFOAM tool SnappyHexMesh
- Simulate time-dependent turbulent incompressible flow
- Simulate time-dependent incompressible immiscible two-phase flow
- Build a simple simulation model starting from a system of partial differential equations
- Visualize your results using ParaView
What do you get:
- A step by step tutorial
- A live-cd/usb-stick to continue your work on your own system at home or in your office. Beste regards,
The organization committee
OpenFoam course 2016_5Registratiewebsite voor OpenFoam course 2016_5
Deborah Dongor / Duncan van der HeulD.R.vanderHeul@tudelft.nl / email@example.com
Deborah Dongor / Duncan van der HeulD.R.vanderHeul@tudelft.nl / firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aanmelder.nl/openfoamcourse2016_5
OpenFoam course 2016_5OpenFoam course 2016_50.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Delft University of Technology, Faculty EEMCSDelft University of Technology, Faculty EEMCSFeldmannweg 3, Snijders room @ & Laboratory room HB.05.150 2628 CD Delft Nederland