Design Tables & Topics
At the Design Tables we will take an international perspective into the following eight urgent and intertwined topics:
- Polymers: conclusions and recommendations of the Plastics Recycling Project, the last CEFIC-report, the latest innovations in technology and waste handling.
- Biomass: conclusions of related studies by the Planning Agency, the views of large utilities such as RWE; the Zero-Emission bio-carbon baseline for materials, food and energy.
- Critical metals and resources: the UN-Resource Panel, UBA (Germany), the EU-Resource Strategy, the paradoxes of zero-climate emissions and the availability of critical metals. The Critical Metals-budget. The Materials Bank or Madaster.
- Scarcity and Limits: the systems approach of resources and economic growth.
- Rethink and Innovation: much of Circular Theory is about recycling. Only. But we need deep re-design.
- Logistics and Industrial Ecology: the Ports of Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Eemsmond and the impressive results of their cross-sectoral industrial transition model.
- Financing the Circular Economy: The financial sector handles a lineair model of investing. From resources to production ti usage and consumption to disposal. This has to change. Innovative concepts do exist, alas only a few.
- And then Energy-Climate-Resources: The interrelationships, the trade-offs, the synergy. The old economy is not a free-rider, it is subjected to rules, treaties and regulation. The Circular Economy will do the same, but now governed by the carbon-budget, the metals budget, the land-use budget, and more.
Prep Meeting Springtide InternationalRegistration website for Prep Meeting Springtide International
Springtide International Productie Teamdorien@nederlandsmedianetwerk.nl
Springtide International Productie Teamdorien@nederlandsmedianetwerk.nlhttps://www.aanmelder.nl/prep-meeting-springtide-international
Prep Meeting Springtide InternationalPrep Meeting Springtide International0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Summer Tidal WaveSummer Tidal Wave8881 BP Terschelling Netherlands