Information for session organizers
We are grateful that you will organize a session at the JIRC20 online conference! Here you will find the information relevant for your role as session organizer. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
As session organizer, you will be assisted by a technical moderator (student assistant), who takes care of the technical issues. The technical moderator is the host of the Zoom session; he or she will make you and the presenters the co-hosts of the session. The technical moderator will admit participants, start the videos, keep an eye on the chat, admit any late comers and will help participants with connection problems.
Before the session
- Ultimately 20 minutes before the session, the technical moderator will start the designated Zoom meeting.
- When joining a session, you first need to wait in the waiting room until the technical moderator provides you access.
- As session organizer, you need to join the session 15 minutes before the scheduled start (this also holds for the presenters). Then you receive some instructions and the host will make you a co-host.
- Participants start joining the meeting from 5 minutes before the session onwards.
During the session
- To enhance the interaction, you can encourage participants to ask questions during the presentation in the chat and also live during the discussion (via ‘raise hand’ option).
- If your session has several speakers, it might be good to introduce them briefly.
- Encourage everyone to keep their camera on, this increases the sense of community.
- As co-host of the session you can manage the attendees by clicking on the ‘View all attendees’ link under the participants’ panel.
- When the session is scheduled to end, please announce that it is time to wrap up the session. Thank everyone for his or her contribution.
- To ensure that the next session will start on time, we urge you to keep track of time and finish the session as scheduled. If you want to continue the discussion, there are possibilities to do so in the Whova community area. Here you will find Meet-ups and Virtual Meets to have a chat or discussion with other participants.
Joint International Resilience Conference 2020Registration website for Joint International Resilience Conference 2020
4TU Centre for Resilience Engineering4tufirstname.lastname@example.org
4TU Centre for Resilience Engineering4tuemail@example.com://www.aanmelder.nl/resilience-conference-2020
Joint International Resilience Conference 2020Joint International Resilience Conference 20200.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
TU DelftTU DelftMekelweg 5 2628 CD Delft Netherlands