How can you help someone who is struggling with suicidal thoughts?
Suicide Prevention workshop by 113 Suicide Prevention | Online
Made possible by a gift in memory of the death of Marjolijn Nijhof, UM student - 1990-2015.
At university or in your private life you can encounter someone who is dealing with suicidal thoughts. This workshop, hosted by 113 Suicide Prevention, will showcase how to talk about it and how to look for help together.
What to expect?
- Noticing the signals: people who are thinking about suicide tend to change their behavior.
- Facts and fiction: many misunderstandings about suicide exist.
- Do and Don’ts: talking about suicide can save a life.
- Ask the question: when you think someone has suicidal thoughts, make sure to ask.
- Listen, show empathy: when someone tells you that he/she is thinking about suicide, ask more specific questions.
- Look for help together: someone who is suicidal needs help right away.
- Take good care of yourself: dealing with a loved one in suicidal crisis can be very emotional.
- Learn more about the services of 113 Suicide Prevention.
The workshop is planned for Tuesday 16th of March 2021 from 18h-20h!. It will take place online. You will receive a Zoom link closer to date!
113 Suicide prevention workshop for DKERegistration website for 113 Suicide prevention workshop for DKE
113 Suicide prevention workshop for DKE113 Suicide prevention workshop for DKE0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands