The webinar “Evaluating research impact: Tools for the individual researcher”, discusses how:
- the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA)
- the Open Science movement, and
- more diverse assessment methods,
shape the perspective on research impact; currently containing a multitude of qualitative and quantitative (societal) impact indicators to evaluate research units or individual researchers.
The demo focusses on tools to track the scientific impact and social media attention of published research, and on how these tools can be used by individual researchers:
- to provide the evidence for a research impact narrative,
- as a complement to an academic CV, or
- for self-assessment purposes.
It will also be shown how to drill down to:
- different media channels (news, blogs, policy documents, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- geographic and demographic characteristics of the public engagement, and
- the sentiment of the social media mentions.
You will have the opportunity to gain initial experience with the tools and to ask questions during the webinar.
Workshop leaders are:
Jos Franssen, Information Specialist, UB Research Support and Development, University Library UM
Marielle Prevoo, Open Knowledge Librarian, University Library UM (moderator)
Date: Thursday 29 April 2021
Time: 11:00-13:00 CET
Targetgroup: CAPHRI PhD candidates, academic staff, and all other staff members interested in how research impact is discussed and evaluated.
Join us on Zoom: a link will be shared with you after registration. In case you did not receive the link, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPHRI webinar Evaluating research impactRegistration website for CAPHRI webinar Evaluating research impact
CAPHRI webinar Evaluating research email@example.com
CAPHRI webinar Evaluating research firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aanmelder.nl/124755
CAPHRI webinar Evaluating research impactCAPHRI webinar Evaluating research impact0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands