Training - Master your worries
- Do you sometimes lie awake for hours, thinking about the same things over and over?
- Do you worry so much that it is hard to concentrate on your studies?
- Does the constant stream of negative thoughts stop you from feeling happy?
We all worry sometimes – that is what makes us human. But if it is starting to take over your life, this course may be for you.
The training gives you insight into your worrying behaviour and your brain. Through science-based techniques, such as attention training and relaxation exercises, you learn to recognise the thought patterns that lead to worrying and to address them more quickly.
For this workshop, you need to do a homework assignment. You will receive this assignment in the confirmation email as soon as you have registered for the workshop.
At the end of this training course, you will be able to...
- recognize and notice worrying behaviour and your own recurrent thought patterns.
- understand the (neurological) process and evolutionary origin of worrying.
- identify benefits and costs of your worrying process.
- examine and specify different aspects of your worrying, like triggers, duration and consequences.
- break vicious cycles of worrying by using specific techniques, based on mindfulness, visualization, problem solving and cognitive behavioural therapy.
Opinions of other students on the training Master your worries:
“Interactive atmosphere: answers to questions of other participants were helpful for me too”
“I really liked the breakout room discussion. I think it is easier to talk to only a few people than with the whole group.”
“ It was nice to get an insight into other people's lives and also get their input to my problems.”
Training - Master your worriesRegistration website for Training - Master your worries
Training - Master your firstname.lastname@example.org
Training - Master your email@example.com://www.aanmelder.nl/129272
Training - Master your worriesTraining - Master your worries0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands