Lecture - Networking skills
- Where and when do I start networking?
- How to network in a room full of strangers?
- How can I use my network to find out more about interesting job openings?
- What can I offer to my network?
Everyone talks about it and everybody seems to know how to do it. Networking. It is the best way to get detailed information about the job market, job openings and possibilities. But how do you network? This interactive lecture provides hands-on tips that help you build a helpful network that can support you in your transition from university into the job market.
At the end of this lecture, you will be able to...
- reflect on the purpose and value of networking;
- recognise and avoid the pitfalls;
- apply tips to connect genuinely and effectively with interesting people; and
- introduce yourself as a professional to others and grow your professional network.
If you are specifically interested in digital networking, sign up for the free lecture Getting the most out of LinkedIn.
Opinions of other students on Networking skills:
- “This lecture made me feel much more comfortable about networking.”
- “That we could think about our brand, what makes us unique and our qualities.”
- “The networking games were great for practice.”
In the meantime...
You can have a look at the Online Career Modules first. These are free and short courses on different topics. The following modules are aligned with this lecture:
Lecture - Networking skillsRegistration website for Lecture - Networking skills
Lecture - Networking firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecture - Networking email@example.com://www.aanmelder.nl/129389
Lecture - Networking skillsLecture - Networking skills0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands