Workshop: Addressing challenging behavior
For confidential advisors of study/student associations
In this interactive session confidential advisors of different student or study associations discuss and learn how they can recognize and manage situations in which members display challenging behavior and/or mental health problems.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- detect signals that indicate a personal or psychological problem that might influence students’ study progress, including more alarming signals
- Feel more confident about what you can do (seek connection, offering first help, refer to the right care),
- approach a member and engage in a conversation using roadmaps and techniques.
- recognize pitfalls and challenges.
- respect your own boundaries.
Instructional methods: lecture, group discussion; quiz; role play; reflection
- Friday September 29, 2023 - 13.30 - 15.30h
- Wednesday October 11, 2023 - 13.30-15.30h
Student Services Centre (SSC)
Bonnefantenstraat 2, room B1.35a
Addressing challenging behaviourRegistration website for Addressing challenging behaviour
Addressing challenging email@example.com
Addressing challenging firstname.lastname@example.org://www.aanmelder.nl/133161
Addressing challenging behaviourAddressing challenging behaviour0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands