Workshop: Addressing challenging behavior
For confidential advisors
Part 1: Addressing challenging behavior (1,5 hours + preparation)
In this interactive session staff members discuss and learn how they can recognize and manage situations in which students display challenging behavior and/or mental health problems.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- detect signals that indicate a personal or psychological problem that might influence students’ study progress, including more alarming signals
- Feel more confident about what you can do (seek connection, offering first help, refer to the right care),
- approach a student and engage in a conversation using roadmaps and techniques.
- recognize pitfalls and challenges.
- respect your own boundaries.
Instructional methods: lecture, group discussion; quiz; role play; reflection
Wednesday September 7, 12.30-14.30 or
Monday September 12, 16.30-18.30
Student Services Centre (SSC)
Workshop - Addressing challenging behaviourRegistration website for Workshop - Addressing challenging behaviour
Workshop - Addressing challenging firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop - Addressing challenging email@example.com://www.aanmelder.nl/133161
Workshop - Addressing challenging behaviourWorkshop - Addressing challenging behaviour0.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Maastricht UniversityMaastricht UniversityMinderbroedersberg 4-6 6211 LK Maastricht Netherlands