About the event
Join the TU Delft AgTech Congress - The energy transition in agriculture, on Tuesday, September 12, from 11:00 – 18:00. On this day, you can interact with private, public and knowledge partners about the needs and challenges for the energy transition in agriculture.
We will align the potential of state-of-the-art technology in energy with industry challenges towards collaboration in research and valorisation projects.
The event will start with keynotes from Dr. ir. Emile Chappin and Prof. dr. ir. Olindo Isabella from TU Delft. We will then continue with a panel discussion, thematic break-out sessions and a tailor-made matchmaking programme. We want this to be an interactive event in which all participants can actively take part. Therefore, we will host a limited amount of guests.
11:00 - 11:30 Walk-in
11:30 - 11:45 Welcome and opening
By Prof. dr. ir. Tamas Keviczky, Professor at the Delft Centre for Systems and Control and scientific director of the TU Delft AgTech institute
11:45 - 12:05 Keynote: Simulating the energy transition in the horticulture sector - supporting decision-making under deep uncertainty
Dr. ir. Emile Chappin, Associate Professor of Energy Systems & Simulation at the Faculty of Technology Policy and Management at TU Delft
12:05 - 12:25 Keynote: AgriPV market trend, open vs closed solutions
12:25 - 13:10 Panel discussion about the potential of state-of-the-art technology in energy aligned with industry challenges towards collaboration in research and valorisation projects
Moderated by Zwanet van Lubek, Head of TU Delft | Corporate Innovation
Panellists are Monique van Wordragen, Director business unit Greenhouse Horticulture & Flower Bulbs, WUR, Prof. dr. ir. Tamas Keviczky, Prof. dr. ir. Olindo Isabella, Arnoud van der Zee, Program Manager energy transition, The Green Village, Dennis Medema, Program Manager Energy, Glastuinbouw Nederland.
13:15 - 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 - 16:00 Thematic break-out sessions (two rounds)
- Session 1: Tour of The Green Village, by Arnoud van der Zee: where knowledge- and educational institutions, entrepreneurs, government bodies, and civilians can research, experiment, validate and demonstrate their sustainable innovations, e.g. the integration of the future energy system of greenhouse horticulture with its urban environment. The Green Village is a place where people can live, work and learn, exempt from standard rules and regulations.
- Session 2: Hydrogen and Battery storage solutions
- Application of hydrogen in the horticulture’s energy system: by Thijmen Vosmer, Advisor Energy Transition at Capturam
- DC and battery energy storage – key to the energy transition: by Prof. dr. ir. Pavol Bauer, Professor at TU Delft
- Session 3: Large-scale local heat storage
- Subsurface heat storage for greenhouses at various temperature levels: by Dr. ir. Martin Bloemendal, Assistant Professor at TU Delft
Phase Changing Materials for agriculture: by Bert van Dorp, Technical Director at Orange Climate Agri
- Session 4: Integration with external energy infrastructure
- Participatory multi-modelling under deep uncertainty method for robust adaptive energy infrastructure investment planning: by Dr. ir. Igor Nikolic, Associate Professor at TU Delft
- ICT-enabled electrification and energy integration of greenhouse horticulture with external systems: by Dr. ir. Tarek Alskaif, Assistant Professor of Energy Informatics at Wageningen University
- Session 5: Resource-efficient crop management
- Climate control and energy use optimisation: by Prof. dr. ir. Tamas Keviczky, Professor at Delft Center for Systems and Control, TU Delft
- Diffuse light and its impact on climate control, energy use, and crop yield: by Willem Kesteloo, CEO PAR+ at FOTONIQ
16:00 - 16:20 Afternoon break
16:20 - 17:00 Matchmaking programme
Tailor-made based on your background and interest. We will schedule two matchmaking sessions for you, of twenty minutes each. For each session, we will make trios of researchers and private and public stakeholders. We will make a personalised schedule for this part of the programme for you. We, therefore, count on your attendance. If you can not join the event, then please make sure to cancel your registration on time.
17:00 - 17:15 Closing
The Sustainable Future of West-Holland Greenhouses: Joint Interdisciplinary Student Team Assignment results, by Lucas Bungay (MSc. Sustainable Energy Technology, TU Delft)
17:15 - 18:00 Network drinks
This event is brought to you by Prof. dr. ir. Tamas Keviczky and Liselotte de Vries from TU Delft AgTech Institute.
AgTech Congres 2023Registration website for AgTech Congres 2023
AgTech Congres 2023AgTech Congres 20230.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
The Green Village - main eventThe Green Village - main eventVan den Broekweg 4 2628 CR Delft Netherlands