Entrepreneurship in bioinformatics
April 5, 13:15 - 14:30 - Room Amerika
On April 5th the Bioinformatics Industrial User Platform organises an inspiring industry session at the BioSB 2017.
This year's topic will be 'Entrepreneurship in bioinformatics' and we invited three managers of bioinformatics companies to present about the success of their company.
- The Hyve - Harry van Haaften
- Euretos - Arie Baak
- Edgeleap - Marijana Radonjic
These three companies started as bioinformatics start-ups and have grown into successful companies. We would like to hear from these speakers the do's and dont's to be a successful start-up (and stay successful) in bioinformatics.
After their presentations an interactive panel discussion is planned.
This session could be especially interesting and inspriging for upcoming talent (like PhD students) who are thinking of starting their own company.
The BioInformatics Industrial User Platform (BIUP) is a group of Dutch companies that use bioinformatics expertise and tools in research and product development. It aims at being an open platform for knowledge exchange and informal discussions.
BIUP members have a common interest in:
- informal discussions between industrial parties that use bioinformatics tools for research and product development
- an infrastructure for joined bioinformatics research (e.g. safe data repository)
- stimulating relevant bioinformatics research
- shaping the competences of the bioinformaticians of the future
BioSB 2017Registration website for BioSB 2017
BioSB 2017BioSB 20170.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands