The vote of the audience counts
Next to the expertise of the award committees, the opinion of the audience is of high value to us. We are therefore pleased to offer the audience the possibility to vote during parallell sessions and the poster and demo sessions through a conference app. The votes of the audience will be included in the overall decision of the award committees.
Four awards during BioSB 2015
1. Best lecture BioSB 2015
There will be a best lecture award at the BioSB 2015 conference for the best oral presentation. The winner will be selected by an award committee, he or she will receive a prize of 150 Euros. The winner will be announced during the award ceremony on the 2nd conference day (May 21, 17:00 h).
The abstract submission for oral presentations has been closed per March 26. Abstracts for oral presentations will be reviewed by the BioSB 2015 Programme committee or one of the topical track committees. You will receive a notification by e-mail.
Roy Straver, NBIC Young Presenter Award winner 2014
2. Best poster BioSB 2015
The best posters will receive a best poster award. The winner will be selected by an award committee, he or she will receive a prize of 100 Euros. The winner will be announced during the award ceremony on the 2nd conference day (May 21, 17:00 h).
The submission deadline for poster presentations has been extended, the deadline is April 27, 2015.
Sofya Medvedeva, Best poster award winner 2014
3. Best demo BioSB 2015
The best application showcase will receive a best demo award. The winner will be selected by an award committee, he or she will receive a prize of 100 Euros. The winner will be announced during the award ceremony on the 2nd conference day (May 21, 17:00 h).
The submission deadline for demos (application showcase) has been extended, the deadline is April 27, 2015.
4. BioSB Young Investigator Award
During the BioSB 2015 on May 20, we will present the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2015. The award ceremony is planned on Day 1 of the conference (May 20, 17:30 h). The winner will receive a prize of 250 Euros sponsored by the BioSB research school and will present an honorary lecture.
The candidate must have conducted his/her bioinformatics or systems biology research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university by April 10, 2015 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics or systems biology methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics or systems biology in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics/systems biology or the bioinformatics/systems biology community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
You can submit your abstract via the BioSB YIA submission form.
Each year the chair will leave the Award Committee after the conference and invite a new member to the committee. For 2015 the members of the committee are:
Dr. ir. Perry Moerland, AMC Amsterdam/University of Amsterdam (chair)
Dr. Judith Boer, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam
Prof. dr. Berend Snel, Utrecht University
Dr. ir. Jeroen de Ridder, TU Delft
Prof. dr. R.M.H. Merks, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI)
Marnix Medema, Young Investigator Award winner 2014
BioSB 2015Registration website for BioSB 2015
BioSB 2015BioSB 20150.00EUR
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands