Session P - Metagenomics topical track
The Netherlands Metagenomics Platform cordially invites you to join the Allbio Metagenomics topical track at the BioSB 2015 on May 21, 2015.
Programme May 21 - room Azie
Metagenomics topical track, 10:45 - 12:15 h
Session chairs: Sacha van Hijum, CMBI, Radboudumc/ NIZO Food Research & Bas Dutilh, Utrecht University
Ali May, VU University Amsterdam
MetaModules: Identifying key functional subnetworks in microbiome-related disease
Daan Speth, Radboud University Nijmegen
Improved understanding of the partial-nitritation/anammox process through 23 genomes representing the majority of the microbial community
Laura Villanueva, NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
Discovering the unknown diversity of Archaea in marine oxygen deficient zones by a metagenomics/lipidomics approach
Lex Overmars, University of Amsterdam
Metagenomic analysis of microbial communities in full-scale desulfurization bioreactors
Invited speaker: Jill Banfield, U.C. Berkeley
Time: 9:35 - 10:20
You can register for the topical track via the BioSB 2015 registration page.
Abstract submission is closed.
Abstracts are solicited in any field related to metagenomics or computational analysis of microbial ecosystems. See the list of example topics below.
- All areas of environmental sequencing (e.g. amplicon sequencing, shotgun metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, metaproteomics)
- Prokaryotic, eukaryotic or viral systems
- Sequencing strategies and technologies
- Quality control, data pre-treatment
- Read mapping, taxonomic and functional annotation
- Comparative metagenomics
- Metagenome assembly
- Discovery of novel species, enzymes
- Monitoring, public health surveillance
- The tree of life, the rare biosphere
- Microbial networks and ecosystem modeling
- Host-microbe interactions (e.g. human, plants, corals)
- Role of microbes in bioremediation, biogeochemical cycles
To submit an abstract, please visit the BioSB 2015 abstract submission page. Please indicate that you are submitting your abstract for the 'Metagenomics Topical track'. More information about the abstract submission procedure can also be found on this page.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission or the programme of the Metagenomics track, please contact: Sacha van Hijum, CMBI, Radboudumc/NIZO food research or Bas Dutilh, Utrecht University.
BioSB 2015Registration website for BioSB 2015
BioSB 2015BioSB 20150.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands