Abstract submission for the BioSB 2021 conference is open! You can now submit an abstract for a presentation in one of the parallel sessions in the main programme of the conference.
You can submit an abstract for an oral presentation and/or for a poster or demo presentation. Work that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal since January 1st 2020 can also be submitted as a highlight presentation! Read more below.
- Submission for oral & highlight presentations: 3 May 2021 (23h59)
- Notification date oral & highlight presentations: 17 May 2021
- Abstract submission for posters & demos: 23 May 2021
You can find the list of submission topics here.
Please not that depending on the number of submissions for topics, other topics might be added, or topics can be merged. Submissions might move to other topics, subject to considerations of the Programme committee.
Submissions about services and infrastructure for researchers in the life sciences are also welcome!
Abstracts will be reviewed by the BioSB 2021 Programme committee. You will receive a notification by e-mail.
We invite people to submit an abstract that relates to work that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal since January 1st 2020. Based on these, people will be given the opportunity to present a highlight presentation in one of the parallel sessions in a 15 (+5 minute Q&A) time slot.
You can submit your abstract via EasyChair. If you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to create one the first time you visit EasyChair.
You can indicate if you would like to present your abstract as a:
- oral presentation only
- oral presentation if accepted, otherwise poster
- highlight presentation only
- highlight presentation if accepted, otherwise poster
- as a poster only
- as a software demo (poster + demo)
- Please also provide the full abstract in the “Abstract” text box and upload the PDF as the paper.
- Please add the presenter of the lecture of poster as first author!
Please prepare a 1-page abstract in PDF. The format should be:
- A4 paper;
- use Times Roman (10pt);
- two columns separated by 0.5 cm whitespace with margins of 2 cm;
- Please specify a title, the authors and their affiliations and e-mail addresses; underline the presenting author!;
- If applicable please use the section headings “Introduction”, “Approach”, “Results” and “Discussion”;
- A page number should be omitted.
If possible, please use the Word template provided.
Both oral and poster/demo presentations will be online. Oral presentations via Zoom and poster presentations via Gather town/Networkapp.
You can submit an abstract to present your work in one of the topical parallel sessions during the conference. The presentation slot will be 15 minutes + 5 minutes for questions.
We invite people to submit an abstract that relates to work that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal since January 1st 2020. Based on these, people will be given the opportunity to present their work in one of the parallel sessions in a 15 + 5 minute presentation & questions time slot.
You can submit an abstract for a poster to be presented online via Gather.town during the poster sessions which are planned on June 15 late afternoon/evening (even poster numbers) and on June 16 during the lunch break (odd poster numbers). Poster numbers will be determined after the submission deadline. We expect all posters to be present on both days, but on the assigned (even/odd) day we expect you to actually present your poster.
You can submit an abstract for a software/tools demonstration during the demo sessions at the conference which will be held simultaneously with the poster sessions.
BioSB 2021Registration website for BioSB 2021
BioSB 2021BioSB 20210.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00ZTo be announcedTo be announced