BioSB 2018 conference
We would like to thank all participants for a great conference. A photo impression and report will follow soon.
Photography: Bas van Breukelen
Bring your dancing & running shoes
Don't forget to bring your dancing and running shoes to the conference! For the evening programme we have arranged for live music from the band Blazing Harrows. Also there will be a Pubquiz organised by the Young Computational Biologists.
The morning after (May 16, 7am) a Morning run is organised to get refreshed for a full day of presentations.
We strive to make the conference as much as possible a paperless conference which means that we work with a conference app. We will use the Appendee app which you can download in your appstore. You will receive an invitation for the conference via email to join the app! The app will offer you full access to the abstracts of the presentations, the programme, and will offer you the latest updates. It also offers you the possibility to post items on the bulletin board (like vacancies or events) and you can contact other attendees via the app.
Download the app now!
The full abstract book can be downloaded here (20Mb). Abstracts of the talks are also available in the app!
Winner of the Young Investigator Award 2018
The winner of the Young Investigator Award 2018 is Bram Thijssen, Netherlands Cancer Institute. He will be awarded and give a honorary lecture on May 16, during the award ceremony.
Detailed programme now online!
We are looking forward to meeting all of you during our annual conference in Lunteren. The detailed scientific programme is now online. The quality of the submitted abstracts and the profiles of the keynote lectures make us look forward to a very exciting meeting.
We have introduced a number of new elements to make the programme even more attractive:
- HotTopics sessions on Single molecule sequencing and Single cell omics;
- Invited lectures from senior researchers;
- Breakout sessions where new developments and new initiatives in bioinformatics and systems biology are being discussed;
- Sessions organised in close collaboration with ELIXIR-NL, the Netherlands Metabolomics Centre (NMC), and the Infrastructure for Systems Biology Europe (ISBE);
- Evening programme with: conference dinner, a Pubquiz (organised by the YoungCB) and afterwards music by the band Blazing Harrows.
Our keynote speakers are (left to right):
- Alexander van Oudenaarden, Hubrecht Institute-KNAW, University Medical Center Utrecht & Utrecht University
- Martin Kircher, Junior Group Leader 'Computational Genome Biology’, Berlin Institute of Health
- Chiara Dalla Man, Associate professor in Bioengineering,
University of Padova, Department of Information Engineering
- Jason Locasale, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology, Duke University
BioSB PhD retreat - May 14
The YoungCB is organising it's yearly PhD retreat on May 14, on the afternoon preceding the conference. This year's theme is Machine Learning & Deep Learning. You can register via the conference registration!
The 4th edition of the Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology conference will be organised on May 15 & 16, 2018 at the congrescentrum De Werelt in Lunteren.
The BioSB 2018 conference discusses the latest developments in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology and interrelated disciplines, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health, agriculture, food & nutrition.
Looking back at the BioSB 2017 conference
Last year's conference was visited by 400 and systems biology researchers, PhD students, MSc/BSc students from universities, UMCs and companies.
You can contact Femke Francissen (community manager BioSB research school) if you have any questions about the conference.
BioSB 2018Registration website for BioSB 2018
BioSB 2018BioSB 20180.00
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2