BioSB 2018 conference
The 4th edition of the Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology conference will be organised on May 15 & 16, 2018 at the congrescentrum De Werelt in Lunteren.
The BioSB 2018 conference discusses the latest developments in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology and interrelated disciplines, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health, agriculture, food & nutrition.
The 2-day programme will feature a.o.:
- international keynote speakers
- topical sessions (based on abstract submission)
- New: two plenary hottopics sessions
- workshops / breakout sessions
- poster sessions
- a conference dinner and entertaining evening programme
- industry meeting, research school meeting, ELIXIR NL track, etc.
- BioSB PhD retreat organised by YoungCB (May 14)
Call for abstracts
You can now submit an abstract for the BioSB 2018 conference programme.
The main programme will feature several thematic parallel sessions, two plenary HotTopics sessions, a poster and a demo session that are open for abstracts.
New are the two HotTopics sessions in the plenary programme.
We have identified a number of themes for this year's conference:
- Genetic Variants & Population Studies
- Personalized Medicine
- Integration of (omics) data sets
- Tools & resources
- Network biology
- Regulation and signalling
- RNA and protein diversity
- Microbiome and ecosystems
- Metabolic modelling
- Metabolomics (Netherlands Metabolomics Centre)
- Single Cell Omics (HotTopics)
- Single Molecule Sequencing (HotTopics)
- ELIXIR-NL FAIR data
Submission deadline: March 15
We received some interesting ideas for Breakout sessions on May 16. Below you can find a selection:
- Phenotype database: a solution to store and reuse your (complex) study design and non-omics data
- Quantitative immunology
- 60-minute FAIRification of a data set
- BIUP Industry meeting
- YoungCB session
- A software fair / demo session
More details will follow soon!
Looking back at the BioSB 2017 conference
Last year's conference was visited by 400 bioinformatics and systems biology researchers, PhD students, MSc/BSc students from universities, UMCs and companies.
Photography by: Bas van Breukelen.
You can contact Femke Francissen (community manager BioSB research school) if you have any questions about the conference.
BioSB 2018Registration website for BioSB 2018
BioSB 2018BioSB 20180.00
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2