BioSB 2018 conference
The 4th edition of the Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology conference will be organised on May 15 & 16, 2018 at the congrescentrum De Werelt in Lunteren.
The BioSB 2018 conference discusses the latest developments in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology and interrelated disciplines, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health, agriculture, food & nutrition.
The 2-day programme will feature a.o.:
- four international keynote speakers
- a number of topical sessions (based on abstract submission)
- New: two plenary hottopics sessions
- breakout sessions
- poster & demo sessions
- a conference dinner and entertaining evening programme
- industry meeting, research school meeting, ELIXIR NL track, etc.
- BioSB PhD retreat organised by YoungCB (May 14)
- Presentation of the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2018
- Morning run (May 16)
Our keynote speakers are:
- Alexander van Oudenaarden, Hubrecht Institute-KNAW, University Medical Center Utrecht & Utrecht University
- Martin Kircher, Junior Group Leader 'Computational Genome Biology’, Berlin Institute of Health
- Chiara Dalla Man, Associate professor in Bioengineering,
University of Padova, Department of Information Engineering
- Jason Locasale, Assistant Professor of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology, Duke University
Call for nominations for Young Investigator Award 2018
During the BioSB 2018 on May 16, we will present the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2018. The winner will receive a prize that is sponsored by the BioSB research school and will present an honorary lecture at the conference.
Call for abstracts
Abstract submission for oral presentations is now closed.
You can still submit abstracts for a poster or a demo.
Deadline: April 30!
We received some interesting ideas for Breakout sessions on May 16. Below you can find our final selection:
- BIUP industry meeting: Commercial applications of deep learning
- Phenotype database: a solution to store and reuse your (complex) study design and non-omics data
- Models for Life: ISBE in Action
- Quantitative immunology
- 60-minute FAIRification of a data set
Looking back at the BioSB 2017 conference
Last year's conference was visited by 400 bioinformatics and systems biology researchers, PhD students, MSc/BSc students from universities, UMCs and companies.
You can contact Femke Francissen (community manager BioSB research school) if you have any questions about the conference.
BioSB 2018Registration website for BioSB 2018
BioSB 2018BioSB 20180.00
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2