BioSB Young Investigator Award 2018
Call for nominations
During the BioSB 2018 on May 16, we will present the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2018. The award ceremony is planned on Day 2 of the conference (May 16th). The winner will receive a prize of 500 Euros sponsored by the BioSB research school and will present an honorary lecture.
The candidate must have conducted his/her bioinformatics or systems biology research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university on April 4, 2018 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics or systems biology methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics or systems biology in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics/systems biology or the bioinformatics/systems biology community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
You can join the competition by filling out the BioSB YIA submission form.
Submission deadline: April 4, 2018
The 2018 members of the award committee will be announced soon.
Winner of the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2017: Ahmed Mahfouz (LUMC).
BioSB 2018Registration website for BioSB 2018
BioSB 2018BioSB 20180.00
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2