This year’s programme was highly diverse, featuring keynote lectures, parallel thematic sessions, an evening poster session, three ELIXIR-NL tracks and an entertaining evening programme. The participants discussed the latest developments in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health, agriculture, food & nutrition. The added value of interdisciplinary collaboration clearly emerged from several presentations.
Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology conference
The second edition of the Dutch Bioinformatics & Systems Biology conference will be organised on April 19 & 20 2016, at Congrescentrum De Werelt in Lunteren, the Netherlands.
BioSB 2016 discusses the latest developments in bioinformatics, systems and computational biology and interrelated disciplines, and their wide-ranging applications in life sciences & health, agriculture, food & nutrition.
The conference is co-organised by the BioSB research school and the Wageningen University & Research Centre.
BioSB 2016 will again be a 2-day scientific conference (April 19-20, 2016) with keynote speakers, parallel thematic sessions (based on abstract submission), an evening poster session and a nice evening programme. The conference will offer lots of opportunities to meet with fellow Bioinformatics and Systems Biology colleagues from academia and industry as well as master students.
Besides this the programme will feature:
- BioSB PhD retreat organised by the YoungCB, on April 18
- An ELIXIR-NL Tech track, on April 19 & 20
- Industry meeting organised by the BiUP
- A BioSB Research school meeting
- BioSB Young Investigator Award 2016 winning ceremony
- Conference dinner and after dinner keynote speaker: Adriano Henney
Find more about the programme here
As this is the annual conference of BioSB, the national Bioinformatics & Systems Biology research school, BioSB 2016 will offer a programme with a mix of state-of-the-art work in both areas.
- EXTENDED Abstract submission deadline for oral presentations: March 8, 2016 - CLOSED!
- Notification date oral presentations: March 22, 2016
- Abstract submission deadline for posters: April 14, 2016 - CLOSED
Confirmed keynote speakers:
Tuesday April 19:
- Daniel Huson: Professor of Algorithms in Bioinformatics, University of Tuebingen, Center for Bioinformatics (ZBIT), Department of Computer Science Germany More
- Sander Tans: Groupleader, FOM-Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics (AMOLF), Amsterdam More
- Adriano Henney: Executive director of the VHP Institute (Virtual Physiological Human Institute for Integrative Biomedical Research), Leuven, Belgium - After Dinner Keynote Speaker (April 19) More
Wednesday April 20:
- Mick Watson: Director of ARK-Genomics. The Roslin Institute, R(D)SVS, University of Edinburgh, UK More
- Jonathan Karr: Fellow, Institute and Department for Genetics and Genomic Sciences Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York More
BioSB 2016 is organised by the Netherlands Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (BioSB) research school together with the Wageningen University and Research centre.
You can contact Femke Francissen if you have any questions about the conference.
You can follow us on Facebook or via Twitter: #BioSB2016 or you can subscribe to the BioSB newsletter
BioSB 2016Registration website for BioSB 2016
BioSB 2016BioSB 20160.00EUR
Conference Centre De WereltConference Centre De WereltWesthofflaan 2 6741 KH Lunteren Netherlands