You can now submit an abstract for a presentation in the BioSB 2019 conference programme.
The main programme of the conference will feature several parallel sessions and one HotTopic session that will be filled via abstract selection.
You can submit an abstract for an oral presentation in one of the sessions or for a poster or demo presentation.
- Submission for oral presentations: 25 January 2019
- Notification date oral presentations: 25 February 2019
- Abstract submission for posters & demos: 15 March 2019
Below you can find the list of topics for which you can submit your abstract:
- Single cell biology (incl. microscopy, sequencing, etc)
- Metabolism (experiments and modeling)
- Medical biology (personalised medicine, medical bioinformatics)
- 3D bioinformatics / Functional prediction
- Microbial ecosystems (microbiome, etc)
- Data integration & network biology
- Education/training (ELIXIR-NL)
- Tools & resources (ELIXIR-NL)
- Genomics and genome bioinformatics
- Working with Data Resources! Quality, Future, Access to (ELIXIR-NL)
Submissions about other services and infrastructure for researchers in the life sciences are also welcome!
Depending on the number of submissions for topics, other topics might be added, or topics can be merged. Submissions might move to other topics, subject to considerations of the Programm committee.
One of the topics will be considered as a HotTopic session which will be presented in the plenary programme.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the BioSB 2019 Programme committee. You will receive a notification by e-mail.
You can submit your abstract via EasyChair. If you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to create one the first time you visit EasyChair.
You can indicate if you would like to present your abstract as a:
- oral presentation only
- as a poster if not accepted for oral presentation
- as a poster only
- as a software demo (poster + demo)
- Please also provide the full abstract in the “Abstract” text box and upload the PDF as the paper.
- Please add the presenter of the lecture of poster as first author!
Please prepare a 1-page abstract in PDF. The format should be:
- A4 paper;
- use Times Roman (10pt);
- two columns separated by 0.5 cm whitespace with margins of 2 cm;
- Please specify a title, the authors and their affiliations and e-mail addresses; underline the presenting author!;
- If applicable please use the section headings “Introduction”, “Approach”, “Results” and “Discussion”;
- A page number should be omitted.
--> Submit your abstract here <--
You can submit an abstract to present your work in one of the topical parallel sessions during the conference as mentioned below. The presentation slot will be approximately 15-20 minutes + 5 minutes for questions.
A prize will be awarded to the best oral presentation.
You can submit an abstract for a poster to be presented during the poster sessions which are planned on April 2nd late afternoon/evening and on April 3rd during the lunch break.
Posters should be prepared in A0 portrait format (height: 1189 mm (46.81 inches) and width: 841 mm (33.11 inches)).
A prize will be awarded to the best poster presentation.
NB: In principle all submitted poster abstracts will be granted. But due to limited poster presentation slots/space, submissions already selected for an oral presentation will not be considered for a poster presentation. Also if necessary sessions might be split in even/odd number sessions to give all the opportunity to present.
You can submit an abstract for a software/tools demonstration during the demo sessions at the conference which will be held simultaneously with the poster sessions.
The software demo will be a setup with a poster, a high table and electricity plug.
BioSB 2019Registration website for BioSB 2019
BioSB 2019BioSB 20190.00EUR
aanmelder.nlaanmelder.nlPhoenixstraat 28b 2611AL Delft Netherlands