BioSB Young Investigator Award 2019
Call for nominations
During the BioSB 2019 on April 3, we will present the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2019. The winner will receive a prize of 500 Euros sponsored by the BioSB research school and will be invited to present an honorary lecture in the plenary programme.
The candidate must have conducted his/her bioinformatics or systems biology research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university on March 3, 2019 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics or systems biology methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics or systems biology in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics/systems biology or the bioinformatics/systems biology community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
Submission deadline: February 22, 2019
--> Apply here!
The 2019 members of the award committee are:
- Dick de Ridder, Wageningen University & Research
- Natal van Riel, TU Eindhoven
- Milias Argeitis, University of Groningen
- Thomas Abeel, TU Delft
Winner of last year's award: Bram Thijssen, Netherlands Cancer Institute
BioSB 2019Registration website for BioSB 2019
BioSB 2019BioSB 20190.00EUR
aanmelder.nlaanmelder.nlPhoenixstraat 28b 2611AL Delft Netherlands