BioSB Young Investigator Award 2020
Call for nominations
During the BioSB 2020 on October 27, we will present the BioSB Young Investigator Award 2020. The winner will receive a voucher of 500 Euros sponsored by the BioSB research school (to be spend on conference or course participation of their choice) and will be invited to present an honorary lecture in the plenary programme.
The candidate must have conducted his/her bioinformatics or systems biology research primarily in a Dutch institute. The primary result on which the award will be based will be the PhD thesis written by the candidate. Therefore, the final version of the thesis of the candidate should have been submitted to the PhD committee at the candidate's university on March 21, 2020 at the latest.
Other criteria that might be considered by the award committee are:
- The candidate significantly contributed to the idea of the research;
- The research of the candidate resulted in novel or improved bioinformatics or systems biology methodologies;
- The research of the candidate advanced life sciences research;
- The candidate independently conducted the research;
- The research resulted in a scientific publication, software application or database;
- The work of the candidate has given broad visibility of bioinformatics or systems biology in the life sciences field;
- The candidate has otherwise significantly contributed to bioinformatics/systems biology or the bioinformatics/systems biology community in the Netherlands.
Each nomination must be accompanied with:
- Name and affiliation of candidate
- Motivation for nomination by group leader of candidate
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- A URL to the final version of the PhD thesis (preferably to the PDF of the printed version)
Submission deadline: September 18, 2020
--> Apply here!
The 2020 members of the award committee are:
- Andreas Milias-Argeitis, University of Groningen
- Thomas Abeel, TU Delft
- Hanka Venselaar, Radboudumc
- Vera van Noort, KU Leuven/Leiden University
Winner of last year's award: Eva Brinkman (SciLifeLab Stockholm)
BioSB 2020Registration website for BioSB 2020
BioSB 2020BioSB 20200.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00ZTo be announcedTo be announced